2016 Brakes for Breasts Campaign
Throughout the month of October, Clovis Auto Shop will join 111 other independent auto repair shops across the US to raise funds for a breast cancer vaccine as part of the Brakes for Breast fundraiser.
As part of the fundraiser, we will be giving away FREE quality brake pads donated by our local campaign partner, O’Reilly Auto Parts. Our customers will pay only the labor and any other ancillary parts necessary to complete the brake job and we’ll then donate 10% of the brake job directly to Dr. Vincent Tuohy and the Cleveland Clinic Breast Cancer Vaccine Research Fund.
About Brakes for Breasts:
- 100% of what we donate goes directly to research!
- 2016 marks the sixth year for the Brakes for Breasts fundraiser
- In 2015, 174 independent auto repair shops in 32 states raised $141,868.76
This Brakes for Breasts fundraiser is different from any other breast cancer fundraising campaigns:
- Dr. Tuohy at the Cleveland Clinic has actually created a vaccine that has proved effective in laboratory animals in actually preventing breast cancer. Think about Polio, eradicated because of a vaccine, a distant memory for most generations. This is the same principle!
- Dr. Vincent Tuohy and his team at the Cleveland Clinic have successfully tested a Breast Cancer Prevention Vaccine in his lab and are working to take it to human trials in late 2016!!
For more information about the Breast Cancer Vaccine and a list of participating shops go to www.brakesforbreasts.org